Responsible building and manufacturing is good for everyone. That's why Milgard is committed to reducing our own environmental impact while helping you reduce yours.
- We're developing and increasing our use of energy-efficient, water-conserving and waste-reducing manufacturing practices.
- We help our customers make an impact on their energy consumption through our energy-efficient windows and doors in both new construction or replacement in older homes.
- We make energy efficiency achievable for homeowners by producing energy-efficient products at an affordable price.
- Efficiency Standards – By buying our energy-efficient products, you're supporting durable (long-lasting) solutions produced with responsible manufacturing practices and backed by a commitment to local supply and service. Find Out More >
- Environments For Living® – Milgard is a participant of the Environments For Living1, a program assisting builders since 2001 in the construction of energy-efficient homes through the principles of building science. More than 100,000 energy-efficient homes have been built under the Environments for Living program to date, resulting in numerous benefits to both homeowners and builders. Find Out More >
- EPA Performance Track – Milgard's pultrusion facility is a member of the EPA Performance Track, an organization that establishes goals for environmental improvement in collaboration with the EPA. As a member, we work to reduce our power consumption, eliminate greenhouse gases, and reduce solid waste. Find Out More >
- Affiliations – Milgard is committed to reducing its own impact on the environment by initiating energy-efficient, resource conserving and waste-reducing practices in all of its facilities. Milgard is proactive within organizations that promote green building practices, energy-efficiency and sustainability. Find Out More >
LEED® Certification – The U.S. Green Building Council's LEED2 (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating System™ is an important certification for recognizing builders for environmental and public health excellence. While building components themselves are not individually certified, they can contribute to the points awarded to a project as a whole. Milgard windows can play an important contributing role in obtaining this green building certification. Find Out More >
- Environments For Living® is a registered trademark of MASCO Home Services, Inc., a MASCO Company.
- LEED® is a registered mark of the U.S. Green Building Council, Inc.