WARRANTY Prior to 3-1-1988
MILGARD MANUFACTURING, INC
11253 Trade Center Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Milgard Manufacturing, Inc. warrants it's products for a period of one year to be free from defects of material and workmanship. Milgard Manufacturing, Inc cannot be responsible for glass breakage, improper handling, improper installation or anything else beyond our control. Our maximum liability under this warranty shall be delivery of a replacement product to the shipping point nearest the place of installation or at our option refund of the purchase price. THERE IS NO OTHER WARRANTY EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
We warrant that, under normal circumstances, material obstruction of vision resulting from film formation, or dust collection between the interior glass surfaces of Milgard Twin-Glaze Insulating Glass Units will not occur for a period of five (5) years. RECEIPT REQUIRED FOR PROOF OF TIME OF PURCHASE. Care must be taken that glazing materials used in conjunction with this unit also have a warranted life of five (5) years. Milgard Twin-Glaze Insulated Glass Units must be installed in accordance with Sigma Specifications or this warranty is void. There is no warranty for sloped glazing unless installation is by Milgard Mfg. Our maximum liability under this warranty shall be delivery of replacement units to the shipping point nearest the place of installation. THERE IS NO OTHER WARRANTY EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
- GLAZING MATERIALS Neopreme gaskets or non-hardening, non-corrosive glazing tapes or compatible compounds must be applied in such a manner as to effect and maintain a watertight, weather proof seal for a period of time equal to our warranty.
- SETTING BLOCKS Unit must be set on two (2) neopreme setting blocks placed on one quarter of unit width from each end. Setting blocks should be at least 2" long and 1/8" wider than thickness of unit.
- EDGE CLEARANCE Unit must be centered in opening so that minimum spacing - 1/4" on large units, 1/8" on small units - exists between edge of glass and frame.
- FACE CLEARANCE Unit must be of sufficient depth to allow minimum of 1/8" between face of unit and glazing stops.
- RABBET DEPTH Rabbet must be of sufficient depth to allow glazing compound and glazing stops to completely cover metal air spacer.
- TINTED GLASS When tinted glass is used on one side of unit, this tinted glass must be glazed to exterior of building.
ALL WARRANTY TIME PERIODS WILL ONLY RUN FROM THE DATE OF ORIGINAL PURCHASE. ALL WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO MATERIALS NOT PAID FOR IN FULL.