This out-swing French door brings classic elegance to any room, but also speaks volumes when it comes to durability. Its fiberglass exterior provides superior strength and weather resistance. Its interior provides the warm and beauty of wood. Out-swing doors open onto your patio, allowing you to make the most of limited indoor space.
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
Details for Essence Series® Out-Swing French Wood Doors:
- Reduce energy consumption with our standard SunCoat® Low-E insulating glass or the SunCoatMAX® option, which provides additional protection against fabric fading.
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- Elegant interiors in your choice of pine or vertical-grain Douglas fir. Seal or stain our natural wood to match the wood in your home.
- Tough fiberglass exterior. Milgard's durable fiberglass produces a door that is impervious to water, insects, salt air and ultraviolet rays. Will not crack, peel, bend, warp or stick due to expansion and contraction.
- Triple Glazed option enhances energy performance even further.
- Custom made to specifications in three weeks or less.
- Choice of 15 factory-painted Essence exterior colors. Milgard uses the latest advances in powder-coat finishing technology - the same technology that's used in aerospace and automotive applications. Our powder coat provides an extremely durable coating, allowing for increased protection against fading, chipping and scratches.
- Create an even sightline with panel-glazed transoms above. Or keep frame thickness to a minimum and bring in the light with direct-glazed transoms above.
- Order with operable sidelites featuring secure locking with easy thumb-turn operation.
- Choose designer lever handles from multiple colors. Hardware available in same finishes as Essence Series window hardware for complementary look.
- Multi-point locking system for greater security.
- Low profile 1/2" sill is appropriate for ADA-compliant applications.
The ultimate window frame material deserves the ultimate hardware. Standard three-point locking hardware to increase security and performance and a stainless steel, corrosion-resistant lock fit the bill. Add to that a thumb-turn style lock that visibly shows you when the door is locked.
Standard Hardware – Interior and Exterior
- Madrona (standard)
- Meridian (upgrade)
- Mastri (upgrade)
- Slate Black
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze (non-living finish)
- Brushed Chrome
- Satin Nickel
Seal unfinished wood interior with clear sealant for a natural look or stain to match existing woodwork to achieve everything from a maple to a cherry appearance.
Interior Frame Color3
- Clear, Vertical-Grain Douglas Fir
Exterior Frame Color3
- Natural Creme
- Black Bean
- Pea Pod
- Classic Brown
- Evening Sky
Add privacy where window coverings are impractical or undesirable with our many styles of obscure glass. Glass can be tempered for extra safety or to meet code requirements.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages maximize performance with innovative SunCoat®, SunCoatMAX®, EdgeGard™ or EdgeGardMAX™. (3D MAX availability is based on region.) Learn more >
Grid Options – As viewed from the inside of the window looking out.
- 5/8" Flat
- 7/8" Simulated Divided Lite
- 1-1/16" Sculptured
- 1 Panel Min Max: Min 2'6" by 6'0" Max 3'0" by 8'0"
- 2 Panel Min Max: Min 5'0" by 6'0" Max 6'0" by 8'0"
- 3 Panel Min Max: Min 7'6" by 6'0" Max 9'0" by 8'0"
- 4 Panel Min Max: Min 10'0" by 6'0" Max 12'0" by 8'0"
- U-Value: 0.38
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Information based on the standard configuration with SunCoat®, EdgeGard™ and air-filled glass. Different glazing, spacer and fill options will result in different u-factors. More details can be found on the technical resources site for professionals.
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.