A new version of our traditional Out-Swing French door features a larger frame and a multi-point locking system. Designer levers and full-length matching backplates create a modern take on classic American door hardware design. With fixed or operating sidelites and a variety of transom styles, the out-swing door is traditional and space saving all at the same time.
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
Details for Ultra™ Series Out-Swing French Fiberglass Doors:
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- Enhance energy performance with the Triple Glazed option.
- See superior energy savings and protection against fabric fading with Milgard's SunCoat® Low-E glass.
- Low profile 1/2" sill is appropriate for ADA-compliant applications.
- Have custom made to your home's exact specifications with no extended lead time.
- Fear no weather. Milgard's durable, low-maintenance fiberglass produces a door that is impervious to water, insects, salt air and ultraviolet rays. Will not crack, peel, bend, warp or stick due to expansion and contraction.
- Get a larger, stronger, stiffer frame with a fiberglass sill.
- Feel safer with the increased security and performance of our multi-point stainless steel locking system.
- Achieve the exact look you want. Order in any of our factory-painted colors (guaranteed not to peel or eggshell) or in a custom color applied at the factory. You can also paint the door yourself.
- Choose a designer lever handle, available in multiple colors.
Security and performance is key. That's why the Out-Swing French door comes standard with three-point locking hardware to increase security and performance. The lock is stainless steel to resist corrosion, and the thumb-turn style makes it apparent when the door is locked.
Standard Hardware – Interior and Exterior
- Madrona (standard)
- Meridian (upgrade)
- Mastri (upgrade)
- Slate Black
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze (non-living finish)
- Brushed Chrome
- Satin Nickel
Choose from seven versatile exterior factory-painted exterior colors (guaranteed not to peel or eggshell) or a custom color applied at the factory. You can also paint the door yourself.
Exterior Frame Colors/White Interior2 Pair a crisp white interior door with any of the following exterior colors.
- Matte Black
- Hunter Green
Matching Exterior/Interior Frame Colors2 Carry your exterior color to the interior for a color-matched door inside and out. Select any of the options below.
- Matte Black
Add privacy with our many styles of obscure glass where door coverings are impractical or undesirable. Glass can be tempered so it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges for extra safety. Talk with your Milgard Dealer for specifics.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
Dramatically increase your home's curb appeal with our many inside-the-glass and outside-the-glass options. Select grid choices placed inside our insulated glass for easiest window cleaning. Grid options are also available in transoms and sidelites. Talk with your Milgard Dealer for specifics.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – Talk to your dealer for more information about energy efficiency upgrades, including Milgard's Triple Glazed option.
Grid Options3 – As viewed from the inside of the window looking out.
- 5/8" Flat
- 3/4" Vintage
- 1-1/16" Sculptured
- 1-1/8" Vintage
- 1 Panel Min Max: Min 2'6" x 6'8" Max 3'0" x 8'0"
- 2 Panel Min Max: Min 5'0" x 6'8" Max 6'0" x 8'0"
- 3 Panel Min Max: Min 7'6" x 6'8" Max 9'0" x 8'0"
- 4 Panel Min Max: Min 10'0" x 6'8" Max 12'0" x 8'0"
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.
- Color options may vary. Speak with your Milgard dealer to learn what colors are currently available.