Elegant Essence French-style sliding doors are a favorite of architects, builders and homeowners. They combine the look of French doors with the space-saving design of sliding doors.
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
Details for Essence Series® French-Style Sliding Wood Doors:
- Reduce energy consumption with our standard SunCoat® Low-E insulating glass or the SunCoatMAX® option, which provides additional protection against fabric fading.
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- Elegant interiors in your choice of pine or vertical-grain Douglas fir. Seal or stain our natural wood to match the wood in your home.
- Tough fiberglass exterior. Milgard's durable fiberglass produces a door that is impervious to water, insects, salt air and ultraviolet rays. Will not crack, peel, bend, warp or stick due to expansion and contraction.
- Triple Glazed option enhances energy performance even further.
- Choice of 15 factory-painted Essence exterior colors. Milgard uses the latest advances in powder-coat finishing technology - the same technology that's used in aerospace and automotive applications. Our powder coat provides an extremely durable coating, allowing for increased protection against fading, chipping and scratches.
- Available in multi-panel configurations with one or more operable panels.
- Choose from a large selection of hardware and grid options, including our dual-point locking system for enhanced security.
Easy-to-operate fingertip locking mechanisms are distinctive on the outside, durable on the inside. Hardware finished can be mixed or matched for interior and exterior. Meets or exceeds California forced entry codes - some of the toughest in the nation.
Sliding Door Handle
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze (non-living finish)
- Brushed Chrome
Seal unfinished wood interior with clear sealant for a natural look or stain to match existing woodwork to achieve everything from a maple to a cherry appearance.
Interior Frame Color3
- Clear, Vertical-Grain Douglas Fir
Exterior Frame Color3
- Natural Creme
- Black Bean
- Pea Pod
- Classic Brown
- Evening Sky
Add privacy where window coverings are impractical or undesirable with our many styles of obscure glass. Glass can be tempered for extra safety or to meet code requirements.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages maximize performance with innovative SunCoat®, SunCoatMAX®, EdgeGard™ or EdgeGardMAX™. (3D MAX availability is based on region.) Learn more >
- 1 Panel Min Max: Min 1'6" by 6'0" Max 3'0" by 8'0"
- 2 Panel Min Max: Min 5'0" by 6'0" Max 10'0" by 8'0"
- 3 Panel Min Max: Min 7'6" by 6'0" Max 9'0" by 8'0"
- 4 Panel Min Max: Min 10'0" by 6'0" Max 12'0" by 8'0"
- U-Value: 0.38
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Information based on the standard configuration with SunCoat®, EdgeGard™ and air-filled glass. Different glazing, spacer and fill options will result in different u-factors. More details can be found on the technical resources site for professionals.
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.