Make the most of your home's views with the sleek, trim sight lines of a durable thermally improved aluminum patio door. Exceeds California's forced entry codes, some of the toughest in the nation.
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
Details for Thermally Improved Aluminum Standard Sliding Doors:
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- Discover the beauty of the clean, narrow sight lines that only the strength and stability of aluminum can provide.
- Buy quality. Milgard's sealed, mechanically joined corners stay square and true over years of use.
- See superior energy savings and protection against fabric fading with Milgard's SunCoat® Low-E glass.
- Have custom made to your home's exact specifications with no extended lead time.
- Keep your home comfortable in all weather. Milgard's Thermally Improved Aluminum patio door has higher thermal ratings for greater energy efficiency.
- Get tough. A higher (LC-25) structural rating makes these doors ideal for light commercial buildings (schools, restaurants and government), as well as homes.
Frame and hardware color options vary according to location.
Sliding Door Interior Handle – Easy-to-operate fingertip locking mechanisms that are distinctive on the outside, durable on the inside and meets or exceeds California forced entry codes—some of the toughest in the nation.
Choose from multiple versatile frame colors. All frames, grids, and hardware are available in coordinating colors.
Interior Frame Color3
- Clear Anodized
- Bronze Anodized
Exterior Frame Color3
- Clear Anodized
- Bronze Anodized
Add privacy where window coverings are impractical or undesirable with our many styles of obscure glass. Glass can be tempered for extra safety or to meet code requirements.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
Dramatically increase your home's curb appeal by being creative with our grid options. Grid choices placed inside our insulated glass units make easy window cleaning.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – Talk to your dealer for more information about energy efficiency upgrades.
Grid Options – As viewed from the inside of the window looking out.
- 5/8" Flat
- 1-1/16" Sculptured
- 2-Panel Min Max: Min 5'0" by 6'8" Max 8'0" by 6'10"
- 3-Panel Min Max: Min 9'0" by 6'8" Max 12'0" by 6'10"
- 4-Panel Min Max: Min 10'0" by 6'8" Max 16'0" by 6'10"
- U-Value: 0.42
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Information based on the standard configuration with SunCoat®, EdgeGard™ and air-filled glass. Different glazing, spacer and fill options will result in different u-factors. More details can be found on the technical resources site for professionals.
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.