Tuscany sliding glass doors are traditional in appearance and solid in construction. Durable vinyl frames won't absorb moisture and never need painting. Choose from multiple grid and glass options.
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
Details for Tuscany® Series Standard Sliding Vinyl Doors:
- Get the best U-Value and Solar Heat Gain performance available on the Tuscany Series by adding the Triple Glazed option.
- Upgrade to a premium screen. Milgard's PureView® window screens install and remove in a snap, plus provide a crisp and clear view with their smaller yarns and finer mesh.
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- See superior energy savings and protection against fabric fading with Milgard's SunCoat® Low-E glass.
- Operate and unlock the door with minimal effort using the SmartTouch® (patent-pending) door handle's one-touch motion.
- Relax with virtually maintenance-free vinyl frames that won't rot, peel or require paint.
- Enjoy effortless operation and easy-to-adjust door panels with Milgard's state-of-the-art door rollers.
- Feel secure with our steel reinforcement beam. Its performance meets California forced-entry codes, some of the toughest in the nation.
- Feel safe. Steel reinforced lock stiles around the mortise lock increase security and strength.
- Get quality. Meets light commercial ratings and structural integrity and reliable performance criteria established by the American Architectural Manufacturers Association (AAMA).
- Have custom made to your home's exact specifications with no extended lead time.
- Get a clear view through the closed door with optional retractable screen.
- Eliminate the need for dusting and cleaning of blinds by adding our Blinds between Glass. Durable aluminum slats are sealed in the glass unit which allows them to stay clean and free of debris. Magnetic lift and tilt controls keep the glass unit sealed with no external cords making it safe for pets and small children.
Complete the look with our color-coordinated interior and exterior door handles. A two-point jamb lock allows you to easily lock or unlock the door from the inside. For added security, the frame is designed with a device that prevents the sliding panel from being lifted out and removed when the door is closed and locked.
Sliding Door Interior Handle (Standard): SmartTouch® Door Handle – Milgard's patent-pending SmartTouch door handle with simple one-touch operation comes standard. So easy to operate, it recently received an Arthritis Foundation Ease-of-Use Commendation. The lock and handle also increase security with a tough locking mechanism that exceeds all California forced-entry requirements.
Sliding Door Interior Handle (Optional): Traditional D Handle w/ metal finish
- Shown here: brushed chrome
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze (non-living finish)
- Brushed Chrome
- Brushed Nickel
Sliding Door Interior Handle (Optional): Traditional D Handle – Easy-to-operate fingertip locking mechanisms meet or exceed California forced entry codes, some of the toughest in the nation.
Sliding Door Exterior Handle (Standard)
All grids and hardware are available in coordinating colors, so you can choose the perfect frame color for your project.
Interior Frame Color3 Interior and exterior colors must be the same.
Exterior Frame Color3 Available with matching tan or white interior.
Exterior Frame Color - Premium3 Available with white interior.
- Light Grey
Add privacy where window coverings are impractical or undesirable with our many styles of obscure glass. Glass can be tempered for extra safety or to meet code requirements.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
- Blinds Between Glass – Durable aluminum slats sealed in the glass unit control light and privacy and stay clean and free of debris and eliminates the need for dusting and cleaning of blinds. Blinds stay clean and free of debris. Magnetic lift and tilt controls keep the glass unit sealed, allow for no external cords, and are safe for pets and small children. Available only on Tuscany Sliding Glass Doors.
Dramatically increase your home's curb appeal with our many inside-the-glass and outside-the-glass options. Select grid choices placed inside our insulated glass for easiest window cleaning.
Enhanced Energy Efficiency – Add Triple Glazed option for the best U-Value and Solar Heat Gain performance available from Milgard.
- Triple Glazed Option (as shown on a Tuscany Picture Window)
Grid Options – As viewed from the inside of the window looking out.
- 5/8" Flat
- 7/8" Simulated Divided Lite
- 1-1/16" Sculptured
- 2 Panel Min Max: Min 5'0" by 6'8" Max 8'0" by 8'0"
- 3 Panel Min Max: Min 9'0" by 6'8" Max 12'0" by 8'0"
- 4 Panel Min Max: Min 10'0" by 6'8" Max 16'0" by 8'0"
- U-Value: 0.34 (Milgard can tailor an energy package to meet energy tax credit requirements.)
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Information based on the standard configuration with SunCoat®, EdgeGard™ and air-filled glass. Different glazing, spacer and fill options will result in different u-factors. More details can be found on the technical resources site for professionals.
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.