Milgard's smooth-sliding horizontal gliding wood window gives elegance to this popular contemporary design for kitchen and bedroom windows. Use as an easy-opening window over counters and sinks, or to satisfy bedroom egress requirements. Opens without requiring any exterior or interior space.
Every window and door purchase is different. Get pricing information and estimates on your project.Request a Quote >
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
- Double Hung Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Horizontal Slider Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Fixed Casement/Awning Picture Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Fixed Sash Double Hung/Glider Picture Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Transom Picture Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Radius Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Casement Essence™ Series Wood Windows
- Awning Essence™ Series Wood Windows
Details for Horizontal Slider Essence™ Series Wood Windows:
- Improve efficiency with our 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages custom tailored to your geographic location.
- Reduce energy consumption with our standard SunCoat® Low-E insulating glass or the SunCoatMAX® option, which provides additional protection against fabric fading.
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- Elegant interiors with your choice of three wood options. Seal or stain our natural pine or fir to complement the wood finishes in your home. Or go with primed wood and paint the color of your choice.
- Tough fiberglass exterior frame and sash construction. Milgard's own secure connecting system firmly joins the Essence Series wood interior to its fiberglass exterior for an aesthetically superior appearance with no unsightly nail holes or staples.
- Proprietary powder-coat process provides an extremely durable exterior coating that resists scratches and gouges. Choose from 15 exterior fiberglass colors - a palette carefully selected to complement both new and classic home styles.
- Full variety of grid options provide nearly endless design flexibility - even non-linear patterns.
- Patent-pending continuous weep system. In the rare event water enters sash system; Milgard's water management system protects the wood interior by harmlessly draining water away through a hidden system of water channels and drainage holes.
- Superior energy efficiency performance. Meets 2010 ENERGY STAR® requirements in all zones with no costly energy upgrades. For those wanting even higher performance, we offer an optional energy package with triple glazing that is up to 30% more efficient than the base window package.
Milgard's easy-to-use SmartTouch® hardware with the simple one-touch operation comes standard. Or select our classic spoon lock in brass.
Standard Hardware Options
- SmartTouch™ Lock
- Spoon Lock
- Oil-Rubbed Bronze (non-living finish)
- Brushed Chrome
- Satin Nickel
Exterior colors available: Frost, Harmony, Fog, Bark, Natural Crème, Rattan, Black Bean, Fern, Pebble, Pea Pod, Classic Brown, Cinnamon, Evening Sky, Tweed, and Twilight.
Interior Frame Color1
- Clear, Vertical-Grain Douglas Fir
- Primed Wood
Exterior Frame Color1
- Natural Creme
- Black Bean
- Pea Pod
- Classic Brown
- Evening Sky
Add privacy where window coverings are impractical or undesirable with our many styles of obscure glass. Glass can be tempered for extra safety or to meet code requirements.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages maximize performance with innovative SunCoat®, SunCoatMAX®, EdgeGard™ or EdgeGardMAX™. (3D MAX availability is based on region.) Learn more >
Grid Options – As viewed from the inside of the window looking out.
- Flat (various sizes)4
- Sculptured (various sizes)5
- Vintage (various sizes)6
Accessories – Many exterior configuration options for trim, including flat (all four sides or with sill nose) or brickmould (all four sides or with 1" sill horn). See your local Certified Milgard Dealer for more information.
- Min Max: Min 3'0" by 2'0"; Max 8'0" by 6'0"
- (All dimensions are planned, and may vary from final commercially available product.)
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Information based on the standard configuration with SunCoat®, EdgeGard™ and air-filled glass. Different glazing, spacer and fill options will result in different u-factors. More details can be found on in the Performance Ratings document above.
- Flat grid available in 5/8"
- Contoured grid available in 1-1/16"
- Vintage SDL available in 3/4", 1-1/8" and 2-1/4"