Milgard's slim line sliding window is popular for satisfying bedroom egress requirements, as an easy-opening window over kitchen counters and sinks, and for providing a contemporary look. Opens without using any exterior or interior space.
Every window and door purchase is different. Get pricing information and estimates on your project.Request a Quote >
Choose A Different Window Style For More Information:
- Single Hung Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
- Horizontal Slider Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
- Picture Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
- Radius Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
- Casement Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
- Awning Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
- Single-Hung Tilt Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows
Details for Horizontal Slider Style Line™ Series Vinyl Windows:
- Live worry-free with Milgard's custom vinyl recipe. Our virtually maintenance-free vinyl frames won't rot, peel or require paint.
- Improve efficiency with our 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages custom tailored to your geographic location.
- Reduce energy consumption with our standard SunCoat® Low-E insulating glass or the SunCoatMAX® option, which provides additional protection against fabric fading.
- Add impact by ordering configured with a radius (arch) window.
- Have custom made to your home's exact specifications with no extra charge or extended lead time.
- Enjoy real peace of mind with our industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
- Achieve a more contemporary look with more glass through a slimmer frame design.
- Get enhanced architectural details in a replacement window with a contured z-bar frame profile.
Milgard window hardware meets or exceeds California forced-entry codes, some of the toughest in the nation.
Positive Action Lock – Closes and locks window securely in one action. Eliminates guessing—if the window is closed, it's locked.
All frames, grids and hardware are available in coordinating colors.
Interior Frame Color1 Interior and exterior colors must be the same.
Exterior Frame Color1 Available with matching tan or white interior.
Exterior Frame Color - Premium1 Available with white interior.
- Light Grey
Add privacy where window coverings are impractical or undesirable with our many styles of obscure glass. Glass can be tempered for extra safety or to meet code requirements.
Obscure – Milgard's obscure door and window glass protects your privacy but allows abundant light to enter the room. Choose from a variety of colors and texture patterns for a translucent to semi-opaque effect.
- Narrow Reed
- Cross Reed
- #42 Clear
- Glue Chip
Tinted – Tinted door and window glass provides additional shading from direct sunlight and warm conditions. Choose from a variety of tones and thicknesses.
- SunCoat® Low-E
Additional Glass Options – For even higher performance, Milgard offers these door and window glass options.
- Tempered – Tempered glass is extremely strong and often used for its safety characteristics. Not only is it extra strong, but when it breaks, it breaks into little pebble-like pieces without sharp edges. Tempered glass is ideal for reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of breakage in applications like patio doors, sidelites and bathroom enclosures for showers and tubs.
- Laminated – Laminated glass is highly effective in reducing noise. It also eliminates 99.9% of ultraviolet rays, providing the highest degree of protection from the sun for your home furnishings. Concerned about excessive outdoor noise? Get the utmost protection against noise with our Sound Control Windows.
- Argon/Air Mix – Optional argon gas, used between panes, is also available to further improve thermal performance.
Dramatically increase your home's curb appeal by being creative with our virtually endless grid options. Select grid choices placed inside our insulated glass units for easiest window cleaning.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades – 3D® and 3D MAX® energy packages maximize performance with innovative SunCoat®, SunCoatMAX®, EdgeGard™ or EdgeGardMAX™. (3D MAX availability is based on region.) Learn more >
Grid Options – As viewed from the inside of the window looking out.
- 5/8" Flat
- 7/8" Simulated Divided Lite
- 1-1/16" Sculptured
- Min Max: Min 2'0" by 1'0" Max 6'0" by 5'0"
- Minimum Egress: 4'0" by 3'6"
- U-Value: 0.34 - 0.35 (Milgard can tailor an energy package to meet energy tax credit requirements.)
Need more technical details?
Every window project is different. It's hard to provide an accurate cost range as a house can vary greatly in the number and size of its windows. Costs also depend on the frame material and glass options. Double and triple-glazed windows, or those filled with argon gas, increase energy savings but add to initial upfront costs. Often government or power company incentives include additional tax deductions or rebates for making energy-saving improvements to your home. These incentives may significantly reduce a project's total costs. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover how affordable a window replacement project can be.
For a detailed quote that accounts for the many important considerations, click on the "Request a Quote" option below and request a competitive, no-obligation, free price quote from your local Milgard Certified Dealer.
If you are looking for a quick rough estimate that does not account for many of these important considerations click on the "Help Me Budget" option below.
Get More Information
- Colors shown are approximate. Due to monitor differences, actual colors may vary slightly. Visit a dealer showroom to see actual color.
- Min/Max is based on tested values, sizes may vary by location. Contact your local Milgard dealer for details.
- Information based on the standard configuration with SunCoat®, EdgeGard™ and air-filled glass. Different glazing, spacer and fill options will result in different u-factors. More details can be found on in the Performance Ratings document above.