Congratulations on your new windows and doors!
You have accomplished a significant project that adds value and enjoyment to your home. Take the time to complete a thorough inspection of your new windows and doors. Read through our six-step checklist to ensure everything is complete after the installation.
Post Project Checklist
- Check the operation and locking mechanisms of your product. If something does not feel right, contact your dealer or installer.
- Add regular care and maintenance of your windows and doors to your basic household chores. Milgard products are designed to require very little maintenance and just a routine checkup can ensure smooth performance for years to come. Download your free copy of the Milgard Care and Maintenance Guide.
- Keep all receipts and paperwork, including any product labels. Your windows come with NFRC labels and corner clings. Remember to keep them with your paperwork.
- If you installed energy efficient windows, you might be eligible for a rebate with your local energy provider. Apply for the rebate to gain some extra savings.
- Read over the product warranty. You can access Milgard’s Full Lifetime Warranty online at any time. If anything is confusing, contact the customer service department at 1 800 MILGARD.
- Register your warranty. It takes just a few minutes and doing so keeps your information on file for Milgard. If an issue should arise in the future, it expedites the process of setting up a service call.
- Happy with the results? Be sure to let friends and acquaintances know, particularly if they're interested in having similar work done. Take the time to write a review for those involved in your project. People always appreciate such recommendations. And it's a great way to reward contractors for a job well done.