Milgard has re-imagined the wood window. We started from scratch
with the goal of creating a better wood window. We wanted a window
that would deliver it all — beauty and strength, style and
innovation, comfort and dependability, loads of design options and
faster lead times. The result is Essence, the wood window with a
beautiful interior and a durable fiberglass exterior. Specify it as a
superior alternative to wood, composite and vinyl- or aluminum-clad products
for new custom homes and remodels.
- Pine, or optional Douglas fir or primed white wood interiors.
- New secure connecting system firmly joins the wood and fiberglass together. No fiberglass is exposed on the interior. No unsightly nail holes or staples.
- Flush-mounted SmartTouch® Lock system on double hung and horizontal sliding windows. Classic spoon lock also available for homes with traditional architecture.
- Large selection of hardware and grid options designed to complement a full range of architectural styles.
- Standard charcoal fiberglass non-corrosive mesh screen. Optional extruded color-matched screen frame with internal corner keys and PureView™ fiberglass mesh window screen. This screen's smaller yarns and finer weave (up to 30% smaller openings than standard screens) delivers clear, clean views and improves curb appeal.
- Milgard's own fiberglass production process enables us to make the complex profiles required for the exterior look of painted wood windows.
- Proprietary powder-coat process uses a similar electrostatic technique as the auto industry to produce a baked-on, sag-free, extremely durable exterior coating that resists scratches and gouges.
- Sustainable painting process uses no solvents, sprays or drips, produces little or no VOCs, recycles overspray, and yields very little waste (disposable as solid waste).
- Exterior coating is so tough an AAMA Gold Label Certification is expected upon completion of testing.
- Standard exterior colors available: Frost, Natural Crème, Harmony, and Bark. Select colors: Fog, Pebble, Rattan, Classic Brown, Tweed, Black Bean, Twilight, Evening Sky, Fern, Pea Pod, Cinnamon at no upcharge. (Slightly longer lead times may apply to Select colors.)
- Patent-pending new secure connecting system combines wood and fiberglass parts for an extremely weather-tight window that operates smoothly and easily, and simplifies repairs.
- Flexible design allows Milgard to respond quickly to accommodate your design requirements.
- Wider glazing pocket allows triple-glazing.
- Taller sash stop on casement windows accommodates heavier hardware and enables windows to carry additional weight of triple glazing and other additions without additional bracing or exterior arms and limiters.
- New integrated water drainage system ensures any moisture that might get into a window frame drains out and never touches wood components. Hidden weep system provides clean exterior appearance.
- Made regionally for a much shorter lead time than traditional wood windows.
- Meets 2010 ENERGY STAR qualifications for energy efficiency in all zones with no costly energy upgrades; may be further enhanced with a triple glaze option that is up to 30% more efficient than the base window package.
- Innovative tilt latches with recessed release give window a sleek, clean look and are almost as easy to use as pressing keys on a computer keyboard.
- Industry-leading Full Lifetime Warranty with Glass Breakage.
Energy Efficient Design