Everyone loves the convenience of a sliding glass door. And what a way to bring in a view. Below is a diagram highlighting the different components of a typical sliding door.
- Head – The main horizontal member which forms the top of the sliding door frame.
- Sill – The main horizontal member forming the bottom of the sliding door frame.
- Insulated Glass – A combination of two or more panes of glass with a hermetically sealed air space between them. Optional argon gas may be used between panes to further improve thermal performance and energy savings.
- Hardware – Depending on the brand and type of sliding glass door you purchase, you may have multiple options for hardware. Talk to your dealer or contractor about stainless-steel hardware that meets or exceeds the forced-entry codes in your area.
- Jamb – The patio door frame members forming the top, sides and bottom of a sliding door frame.