Community Action Team
Since 1987, Milgard® Matching Gift/Community Action Team (MG/CAT) volunteers have set a standard for involvement in their communities in charitable events, fundraising and community improvement activities.
Matching Gift/Community Action Team was created so that Milgard employees can actively give back to the communities in which we live and work. MG/CAT gives back in two ways—through volunteerism in our communities, and through monetary donations.
As a team we are committed to:
- Helping Those in Need – Whether it is as individuals in the community or as Milgard employees, we are committed to putting our efforts and money to work for the good of others.
- Inspiring Volunteerism – We seek to be a catalyst that inspires others at Milgard, and in our communities, to become more involved in giving of themselves, their time and their talents. Our involvement in activities reflects the interests and desires of Milgard employees in serving the community in which we live.
- Caring for the Greater Good of Others – Our efforts come from our care and concern for others. We are proud to be able to give back to our communities and are thankful for the opportunity to make a difference in the areas that we live.
What We Do
Each of our locations has designated MG/CAT committee members who organize monthly MG/CAT events. These events encourage employee participation, and each event benefits a local community charitable organization. Some of our monthly events include: fundraisers, community beautification, elderly assistance and special activities for underprivileged children.
Matching Gift Program
Milgard's Matching Gift Program involves the company in the donation side of MG/CAT and helps stimulate increased giving on the part of Milgard employees. Through this program, Milgard supports the same local charitable causes targeted by our employees.
- Through MG/CAT, Milgard employees can elect to deduct funds from their paychecks and distribute them to a qualified community service organization of their choice. Milgard matches each of these monthly paycheck deductions up to a designated amount per employee, per year.
- Milgard provides additional incentive for employee volunteerism by doubling the size of the matching gift when the employee has donated 50 or more hours of their time in the past 12 months to the same organization.