How to Clean a Hinged Window and Lubricate Hardware
How to Clean and Maintain an Awning or Casement Window
1. Remove screen and fully open window, so the hinge and hardware is exposed.
2. U sing soapy water wipe down the hardware with a sponge or cloth.
3. Allow hardware to dry completely
4. Use silicone to lubricate sliding components and rotating joints. Note: Do not spray on any wooden window parts.
5. Apply lithium high-pressure grease (NLGI #2, #3 or #4) to operator gears. (See images in pdf instructions)
6. Check weep holes to see if they are clean. If they need cleaning here are instructions to clean and check weep holes.
7. Open and close window to ensure smooth operation.
Learn how to best clean and lubricate a Milgard hinged window. Hinged windows, such as awning and casement windows, need hinge and arm lubrication to operate smoothly.