Window screens are primarily designed to let in fresh air and keep most everything else out. The most common materials used for screens are aluminum and fiberglass.
- Aluminum screens generally come natural or with an applied charcoal color. Charcoal is much less visible and preferable where views are important.
- Fiberglass screens are available in light gray as well as charcoal. Fiberglass screens are generally preferable to aluminum screens because the fiberglass is less likely to corrode or dent upon impact.
With most windows or doors, screens are placed on the exterior side so that you can open and close the window from the inside of your home. The exception is for casement and awning windows. These have the screens on the interior side of the window so that the window can be cranked open for ventilation.
Retractable screens are sliding door screens that roll into a pocket when not in use. These screens virtually disappear when you don't need them. They usually have a built-in dampening system for smooth, easy retraction—they won't slam shut if accidentally released.
Better Window Screen, Better Views
Featuring smaller yarns, the innovative PureView® window screen from Milgard blocks less of your vision and increases light transmittal, allowing more natural light to fill your room. The finer mesh also reduces the appearance of the screen, which makes your home more beautiful, inside and out.
Not only are the highly durable individual yarns smaller in diameter than conventional fiberglass window screens, the space between the yarns is smaller as well, protecting homes against even very small insects and particles. And our durable fiberglass material stands up to all climates, performing especially well in coastal regions, as it resists corrosion and breakdown.
Smaller aperture of opening provides better particle protection
Mesh design utilizes smaller yarn to improve curb appeal
- Greater openness (74% versus standard screen at 59%) allows:
- More light to enter your home
- Greater airflow for better ventilation
- Increased optical clarity for clearer views
PUREVIEW WINDOW SCREEN UPGRADE IS AVAILABLE ON:
Tuscany® Series vinyl windows and patio doors
Montecito® Series vinyl windows and patio doors
Style Line® Series vinyl windows
Ultra™ Series fiberglass windows and patio doors
Essence Series® windows and patio doors